My Fairy Blog Mother, Annette, is at it again. She's passed on not one, but two awards to me today. Check them out:
List 7 things that make you Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.Make sure to tag your recipients and let them know they have won! Also link back to the Queen who tagged you.
Can I get like a sticker or a t-shirt or a badge or something? I like things to be official. Thank you Fairy Blog Mother. <--- Hear this like a chorus of children saying it in unison, that's pretty much how it sounds in my head. Not that I am admitting to hearing voices or anything. Except to tell you how they sound. Hmmmm..... Seven things that make me awesome? Let me go poll the children. Via text message, of course, which is their preferred method of communication. For the sake of clarity, these children are aged 16-23. Response #1: "? What?" - Not exactly what I was hoping for... let's move on to... Response #2: "The fact that you will get your son a new phone as an act of kindness =]" Respondents 3 & 4 Must be taking a long time because there are so many things to list. It is going to be difficult to narrow this down to seven things. I can tell already. Respondent #1 seems to be a bit hung up now, too. I wonder if they all need new phones?
#1 has finally come back with an answer (wise-guy) She says "Your kids." I'm through with her for now. But wait until she has a blog to write, see how much help I decide to be.
Respondents 3 & 4 are still mum. I guess they took this as more of an essay question. It could take a few weeks to really write a good paper titled "What makes mom awesome." I will just pencil them in as 'pending'.
Response #3: pending
Response #4: pending
Clearly, these people have never met me or something.
I think maybe we should forget about the children. (Possibly for a long long time, like let them starve.)
Let me think... What do people say about me? Other people think I am awesome. Right? Anyone? ANYone? Is this thing on? Oh, hi Annette. It's just you out there, all alone tonight.
Fine, I'll do it myself.
1. I can pick up things with my toes. Monkey toes = awesome.
2. I love babies and my puppy. They love me, too. The puppy is pretty doggone human. Not sure if that is important at all or not. Just thought I would throw it in. Also? I said 'doggone' about the puppy. *snicker* Which takes us to #3
3. I'm clever. Often funny. Sometimes downright hilarious. (Sometimes even on purpose!)
4. I admit when I am wrong. It's rare enough I can afford to be generous. ;)
5. I bake good bread. I am loved for my bread. And mini cupcakes which aren't really cupcakes but I don't know what else to call them. People love those, too.
6. Gosh. Two more? Really? I can turn anything into a song. And any song into a differnt song. Even people who know me well do not really know this about me. It's more like a superpower. Secret n' stuff.
6.1 Because it was hard to come up with 7 and I did and then I remembered I was gonna say: I know how to find out about things. I am a wealth of information. People really dig this about me.
7. I am a girl. I like being a girl. I like being treated like a girl. I like who I am. This is what really, certainly, honestly, makes me awesome.
So there ya go. If you think this was easy, you are dead wrong.
I will pass it along to seven people so awesome they will not have the same trouble I had.
1. Michelle @ AutnieThesis
2. Jessica @ I Like
3. Carolyn @ Carolyn in Carolina
4. Erin Jean @ From Son Up To Son Down
5. Amy @ Resourceful Mommy
6. Erin @ It's Your Movie, You Can Sing If You Want To
7. Tiffany @ The R Family Diaries
And now for the 2nd Award: The Zombie Chicken Award!
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...
Now, I am not one to argue with the zombie chickens. Never, not once, have I had a spat with zombie chickens. I pride myself on my ability to get along with all zombie chickens. So, without further adieu, here are the Five blogs lucky enough to be chosen by me for this award:
2. The Pioneer Woman
3. It's Your Movie
4. The Bloggess
5. Bern This
Sadly, I fully expect somewhere between 1-5 of the blogs mentioned above will ignore this. But this is about you getting good blogs to read, so there they are. I know one blog was in both categories, but that is because, well, one blog is in both.
Note to Stimey: I'm sorry about all of this. First it was your eyeballs falling out (or at least the threat of it) and now I'm sending zombie chickens after you. It was not planned. Really. Also? My mom did read the blog entry about the note (the one I begged her not to read) and she thought it was funny.
Update: It has been over an hour and children 3 & 4 have still not responded. It's obvious they are putting a lot of thought into this.